Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need: Top of Page
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
(not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
Students Starting 7th Grade Need:
(Chickenpox) — 2 doses
(Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years)
The TK/K-12 school requirements also typically apply to 7th grade students who:
- Previously had a valid personal beliefs exemption filed before 2016 upon entry between TK/Kindergarten and 6th grade, or
- Are new admissions, including from out-of-state; applies to all grades.
California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at transitional kindergarten (TK)/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization.